No one wants another election with Trump on the ballot against Biden. But right now, it looks like all the steering in the world won’t prevent us from hitting that iceberg. Here are three facts to avoid that disaster.
The reason we don’t want that, is because a vote for Biden is really a vote against Trump, and a vote for Trump is really a vote against Biden.
The nation is badly divided which is preventing government from getting anything done, and with people getting news from different places, we have communities basically living in very different realities that won’t even talk to each other at Thanksgiving.
While showing signs of brilliance as a US Senator, the current US Vice President (Harris) has not been getting positive reviews and will not help in a 2024 ticket.
If you are with me so far – you might not like the proposal – but you will have to concede it is at least better a better “Not Trump” than the seemingly inevitable choice – and it’s important that you see this idea through that lens.
- There is a person who was once a Democrat but served under a Republican President.
- This person was Secretary of State and would be warmly received by the international community and would be adept at dealing with situations such as those in Russia, Ukraine, China, and elsewhere.
- This person is nearly 20 years younger than either of the two other leading candidates.
- Like the sitting Vice President, this person is an African American woman.
- If you haven’t gotten there yet – it’s Condoleezza Rice.
If I could think of a strong unifying Democrat to replace Harris, I would, but I have not been able to think of anyone else that could be this potentially unifying. What Rice may or may not lack in some of the inflation, deficit, education, Social Security, health care and other issues – she’s very bright and can surround herself with greatness. And when the time is right, Biden can step away and receive a warm thank you for his service.
Americans deserve a candidate that earns our vote for because of the promise they bring, not because they are the merely only the means to avoid someone else. Biden should thank Harris for her time, appoint Rice, then when he earns reelection, gracefully, and with a wink, resign and welcome our first woman President, Ms. Rice.
It does look as though Vivek will be the running mate on the Republican ticket, and a similar outcome on that side has a lot of appeal, should Trump be re-elected. A better solution no matter who wins.